In this article, we’re going to be exploring one of the most commonly asked fitness questions: “how to lose belly fat?” It’s a problem that plagues many of us and not just for aesthetic reasons. Unsightly belly fat can also lead to a whole host of underlying health issues. The list of problems associated with belly fat is vast and many of these health issues can become chronic in nature.
All around the world, people from every walk of life worry about their weight, with obesity killing more people than any other disease. Not only can a few extra pounds around the middle cause you to develop diabetes, it can actually lead to more serious health issues, like; cancer, cardiovascular problems, and much more. So, let’s begin your weight loss journey and discover how to lose belly fat fast at home.
What can I do to Lose belly fat fast?
We’re going to provide you with a full guide to getting rid of that extra bit of weight, so if you’re desperate to fit into those old jeans again, or want to eliminate the risk of health problems, then read on. We’re going to cover the all-time best exercises you can incorporate into your workout, the most healthy diet choices you can make, what foods to avoid, and what foods to start eating more of if you want to learn how to lose belly fat fast.
Best exercises to lose belly fat fast
Losing belly fat can be a tough job as fat cells are the most stubborn ones to shift. They take a lot of effort to burn and break down. However, if you’re truly ready to get up off the couch and have the dedication to tackle the problem then you can follow these steps and learn how to lose belly fat fast at home.
You might be wondering why simply walking tops the list. Modern life has ensured that most of us are always busy – because of work, or family life. Putting aside time for the gym can sometimes be next to impossible. Even just an hour of brisk walking can help you get rid of those extra pounds without sacrificing too much of your free time.
Brisk walking is actually one of the most rigorous forms of cardio. It’ll help your body get rid of calories and is a very effective start for those of you who have never exercised much before. A good half an hour to forty-five minutes of walking can increase the rate of metabolism, which in turn helps to get rid of that flab.
Over the years, many scientific studies have shown that jogging can be much better than any form of weightlifting when it comes to eliminating fat from your body. Jogging is one of the best type of aerobic exercises and can be done pretty much any time you want to. This is also a great exercise for people on a budget, as it won’t cost you anything but your time and effort.
If you have time to hit the gym (or are lucky enough to own one of these yourself) then working out using an elliptical trainer can help your body burn fat very efficiently. It’s a form of low-impact cardio exercise which has an intense effect on your body. The best part of this style of training is that there minimal adverse effects on your body. If you have one at home it really is one of the best ways to lose belly fat fast at home.
Crunches are one of the best fat burning exercises to help lose belly fat fast, and it’s easy to implement a daily regime with such a simple exercise. There are various forms of crunches that you can practice daily, each of them having different benefits. Not only will these strengthen your abs – improving your appearance- they’ll help in cutting down fat cells.
Twist crunches are one of the best forms of crunches for reducing your stomach and abdominal fat. If you want to get rid of fat which has built up on the side of your belly, however, you can try out side crunches. In the beginning, try to start with two to three sets of your chosen crunch and increase the count as you slowly make it a daily routine.
Cycling is one of the most intense forms of exercises for your body. Even just thirty-minutes of cycling (as part of a regular routine) can help you get rid of belly fat. What’s even better is that you’ll start to see results within no time at all, as cycling is such an effective workout for your body.
This is a little bit of a tough exercise, but it’s one that can really test all your muscles and has proven to be massively effective at reducing belly fat. Burpees are an intense exercise involving push-ups and jumping and have proven to be fantastic at burning away calories.
Swimming is a fantastic form of cardio exercise and can really help reduce extra pounds from your whole body. When swimming your whole body is in action, plus it’s easy to keep up a regular rate and is one of the simplest ways of exercising for those not used to the intensity of a gym.
How to lose STOMACH fat with a proper diet
Diet, as we all know, plays a significant role in shaping our body. Often, people starve themselves to try and lose belly fat – which is completely the wrong way to tackle the problem. If you want to know how to get rid of belly fat with proper dieting, you have to understand what foods to stay away from and what foods are good for you.
Remember; starving isn’t the best way to lose those extra pounds. Instead, utilize a well-planned diet and eat in moderation. To begin with we’ll take a look at what foods to avoid in your journey towards a flatter stomach.
Foods to avoid
- Crisps: Crisps are loved by young and old people alike, but sadly they’re one of the main perpetrators when it comes to widening your waistline. The high amount of trans-fat in crisps are one of the main sources of fat, and they contain this because their main ingredients are hydrogenated oils. These are known for building up high levels of cholesterol and excess fat. This affects not only the size of your belly fat, but also your heart – and it could lead to cardiovascular diseases.
- Processed foods: No time for a proper lunch? Thinking of having a burger and get back to your desk? Think again! That burger contains processed meat which is made up of preservatives. These take a longer time to break down in your body than other types of food and can lead to the development of fat cells. Processed food not only affect your belly fat but the healthiness of your whole
body – so try to avoid these types of fast food as much as possible.
- Deep fried foods: Deep fried food – such as chicken – are a favorite amongst many people. However, that fried chicken is also loaded with a high amount of trans-fat because of the oil it’s fried in. Deep fried food is often greasy and have little to no mineral content. They also have minimal fibre, which can lead to indigestion. Trans-fat collects in your body and produces the belly fat you’re trying to get rid of.
- Sweeteners: Sugar and sweeteners are some of the most dangerous food products that your body can encounter while you’re trying to fight the fat. These types of product raise the levels of insulin production, which helps the body store excess fat – increasing your waistline.
- Soft Drinks: Soda and soft drinks are some of the worst causes of belly fat. These drinks are loaded with nothing but empty calories, along with high amounts of sugar. Very often, the fat which gets is in the abdominal section is the hardest to lose, so you need to resist temptation and control your intake of soda and soft drinks.
Food that helps you lose belly fat fast
If you want to know how to lose belly fat naturally then look no further than the following foods.
- Onions: Onions are filled with soluble fibre, which makes them one of the most best prebiotic vegetables to eat. They helps to keep your gut healthy and can assist you in your journey to lose belly fat. In various studies it has been found that eating onions in any form – whether baked or raw – can help in losing weight around the waist.
- Legumes and Beans: Often we hear how carbohydrates increase fat. Yes they do, but they are also necessary for the body. Beans and peas contain soluble fibres, which are one of the best forms of carbohydrates to assist in weight loss. The best part of eating beans and legumes is that they keep you feeling full for longer, and suppress the urges to eat unhealthy foods.
- Tomatoes: Your grocery bag is probably filled with tomatoes all year round, but you might have never realised how useful they are at cutting out fat around your belly. Tomatoes in their raw form assist in diminishing water retention in your body and reduce inflammation, which helps combat abdominal fat. On top of that, tomatoes contain lycopene, which can help to boost your metabolism.
- Almonds: Several published studies point towards the power of almonds in suppressing hunger. Almonds – like any other nuts – are usually thought of as being especially fatty, but this nut is really great for weight loss when taken in its raw form – the fibre in it helps to reduce fat. If you opt for a handful of almonds each morning (instead of snack food) you’ll soon begin to see results.
- Yogurt: Yogurt is surprisingly effective at reducing stomach bloat, and helps good bacteria to grow in your gut. Yogurt is also a source of protein and calcium (without any fat) which is excellent for your body.
- Green tea: Green tea is full of healthy antioxidants, which can help in cleaning out your body and boosting your metabolism. Just one cup of green tea a day can have powerful effects on your body.
We can often get intimidated by thinking about all of the different exercises that we have to do (or the food we have to eat) in order to shed those pesky extra pounds from the belly. However, one of the most critical things in losing fat – which hardly anyone seems to consider – are the small lifestyle changes we can make on a daily basis. Little things like drinking enough water, taking regular walks, and making sure you have enough fruit and vegetables in your diet can really make the difference.
Why is it important to lose belly Fat?
Before you start implementing these changes in your life you might want to understand why it is important to reduce belly fat. As we have mentioned above, there are several health issues that crop up from belly fat. Here is little insight into those problems and why you should learn how to lose belly fat naturally to combat them.
- Cardiovascular diseases: The heart is the most crucial organ in the body and can easily be affected by fat and bad cholesterol. Your belly fat cells produce cytokines, which are a kind of chemical element that reduces the effect of insulin. They increases both blood sugar and blood pressure. This, in turn, affects the heart and can lead to you developing cardiovascular problems. By reducing your belly fat, your body stops (or decreases) the production of cytokines.
- Lower the chances of diabetes: When belly fat becomes excessive it can increase the resistance of insulin in your body and your sugar levels spike up. This starts a vicious circle where insulin resistance and high sugar levels stop you from losing weight, and the excess fat cells make it tough for your body to react to insulin. If you can cut down your belly fat before reaching this stage then you can lower your chances of this ever happening.
- Improved sleep quality: Recent studies have shown that the quantity of sleep is not actually the most important factor to your health. The quality of sleep is what matters to your body and excessive fat cells can disrupt sleep – which leads to significant health problems.
- Energy levels: People begin to cut down on their social interactions when they develop belly fat. Often because they feel uncomfortable or have less energy. You can combat this mentality by learning how to burn belly fat by following this guide. Sooner or later you’ll be back out and about and feeling good about yourself!
- Reduce the chances of having cancer: There are certain types of cancer which are associated with excess fatty cells. Some of these are; breast cancer, rectal cancer,pancreatic cancer. You can reduce your chances of coming into contact with this deadly disease by knowing how to lose belly fat fast and implementing all our advice correctly.
Now you know how to lose belly fat fast naturally
We’ve reached the end of our ultimate guide on how to lose belly fat, so the next step is for you to begin implementing these changes in your life. If you’re truly committed to shedding those extra pounds – and have paid attention to our tips on how to burn belly fat – then you’ll have no problem achieving your goal.
Losing belly fat might seem like an impossible mission at the beginning, but if you follow our guidelines you’ll soon discover how easy it can be. Simply pay attention to your diet, start using some of our exercise suggestions, and make a few lifestyle changes – before you know it you’ll have learned how to lose belly fat fast, naturally, and in the comfort of your own home.
Best of luck on your journey, and remember, you can always refer back to our site if you’re ever struggling and want to learn even more ways how to get rid of belly fat!
- Weight Loss Story
- Another great article on this topic
- The Healthy Lifestyle – Main Website
- Best Workout For Weight Loss 2019